Sunday 21 June 2015

Father's Day: Dear Dad,



I dedicate this song to my dad. The person I call father.

I was never really close with my father. We don't talk about other things except school, my schedule and some other stuff that's normal in a father-daughter conversation. 

好像从没有真的陪你聊天过,虽然你总是想跟我聊些什么

I know you tried really hard, to be close, but all the time I shrugged you off. I know you want us to be people we see on TV screens, but we turned out to be this. 

I know you want me to be you, to do what you do. But I'm a risk-taker, an adventurer. I want to do things I've never done. I know you've got my back, right?

I know you're starting to do things for yourself. Things that you want to, love to do. Before it's too late. You do that. If you're surrounded by red lights and one foot on the brakes, I'll be your green light. Because in the future, I will still want to do things that I love to do. I will still want to try out new things, still live my life, no matter how many children I have, no matter how heavy the world weighs down on me. So you do that. Live your life.

I dedicate this song to you.

曾经伤害你 I'm sorry
滥用了叛逆 I'm sorry
也许有天你会忘记,忘了怎么呼吸
但请你别忘了我很爱你

It's such a relief that I rebelled quite early. When I was 13 or 14 I think. I was immature and rebellious. I treated you like no daughter should treat her father.

真的滥用了叛逆 I really abused my rebellion phase. I sharpened my words and you took them blow by blow. I cannot imagine, how hurt must you be, to be treated like...that.

I think you knew, that's why you were patient. You were calm, when I was igniting, blowing, pouring out dangerous sparks. It must have hurt a lot. Maybe, maybe if I went back to one of those nights , I'm sure I would have noticed your wrinkles, each line like scars carved on to remind you that your daughter is growing up. 

Thank you, for giving me education. For providing a roof, painted brick walls, four wheels, allowances, signatures, and anything to keep me living and breathing.

Thank you, for staying. For not leaving, for not giving up, for making sacrifices, for mentally saying "I'm a father now."

He's no cape-wearing superman, no role model, but I love him regardless. I love him, why? Because he's my father, and there's so much more to that. 

Because he's my father.

现在换我罩着你

Stay healthy and happy. Happy Papa's Day. 
Love, 'line.

No comments:

Post a Comment