Tuesday 9 June 2015

Coffee, Cakes, Movies and Music

I hit CityOne with Sam on Sunday to catch a friend's singing contest. She was peerless, fearless and she sang her way to the finals. Big round of applause for her.

Sam and I went for karaoke at 11 in the morning, talk about hyperactive. It's been so long since we went together so we decided that straining our throats a little wouldn't hurt no one. So we were singing Titanium and there's a line where Sia goes "Ricochet, you take your aim..." but instead of "ricochet...", it came out as "brick of shame..." Hahaha we laughed until our tummies hurt, it was such a wrong-place-wrong-time moment.

I grabbed a cup of coffee at TommyBoy before we went for karaoke. Sam called for gelato and we chatted away for awhile. I was feeling great vibes if I must say.



I was quite disappointed, however, of their consistency. I ordered Caramel Macchiato and it was so good. I love how it's a bit sweet and salty at the end of your taste buds. In spite of that, I went back on Monday and what they served me tasted like instant coffee with a little bit of foam topped with caramel syrup which I can hardly discern of. Too bad, they can do much better than this. The picture above was of Sunday's.

Gelato was so-so, too sweet for me. By the way, it's blueberry in the picture.

After my friend's singing event, we all headed for teppanyaki at Kaiju Teppanyaki! I ordered teppanyaki beef and it was good, portion was a bit too small and it's quite pricey but overall it was good. The beef was delicious so i'll give them that. Oh and the service was so so slow. We waited for a good 30 minutes or so but fortunately the singing competition was still going on so we had a show to watch. Phew. 

Sam and I were trying to lose some time so Earthlings Coffee Workshop is where we headed to. I heard the coffee's good there but I had coffee in the morning so I chose their signature hot chocolate. It was just chocolate, nothing special though. Well maybe it's just me because every chocolate drink taste like Milo. It's a personal thing.



Barcode Chocolate Cake. Thumbs up! Full of chocolatey goodness, almonds were a bit of a bummer though. 


Apple Crumble. It's okay. The apples tasted tad bit weird. Not my style. 

I went back to CityOne again on Monday for some me time. Catched whatever movie available, sneaked in some snacks and waffles and spent half of my day in the cinema.

Funny thing happened. I was supposed to go to hall 10 but I mistakenly took it for 01. Went to hall one and everyone was dead serious, guess what? It was showing Insidious. Worst part? It was at it's climax where all the ghost are supposed to appear. I was literally face-palming in my seat before I ran the hell out. Hahaha at least now I can check Insidious off my list...kind of.

I saw Tomorrowland and I cannot stand that girl. She annoys me with her curiosity and that attitude. *rolls eyes* But great concept though, about people being too blinded by greed and politics to care about earth itself.

I loved Man Up better. It's a cute movie about an insecure woman who pretended to be a guy's blind date but they fell in love in the end. I have this prejudice about English romance movies because most of them revolves around sex and well, sex. This ended up as an eye opener for me because I actually laughed along and enjoyed every bit of it.

I met Brandon after the movie. Hahaha what a coincidence, apparently he was teaching his friend add-maths and was waiting for his dad to pick him up.

I had so much fun two days in a row. Hoping for more days like these.
Love, C.


No comments:

Post a Comment