Tuesday 6 October 2015

#np: October's Playlist

To tell you the truth, I really like this month's playlist. It's one of my favorites out of many monthly playlists I've put up on the blog. Lately I've been into indie music, particularly indie rock, and I've downloaded 3 albums which I'll talk about it below.

Hurt Me - Lapsley


Hood - Tablo X Joey Bada$$


Runnin' (Let It Go) - Naughty Boy ft. Beyonce, Arrow Benjamin


Sugar - Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates


West End Kids - New Politics


Lifted Up (1985) - Passion Pit


Emoticons - The Wombats


Catherine - Magic Man


Bad - The Cab


Alright so first things first, I need to put this out there: TABLO ABSOLUTELY KILLED THAT TRACK as usual hehehe. Call me bias or whatever, it doesn't matter. I've always been a fan of Tablo. He's a lyrical genius, he is practically art itself. I can probably write a 10 page essay on how amazing he is but no I won't. Thumbs up to Joey Bada$$ too, great color great collaboration.

I downloaded Magic Man's Before the Waves, The Wombats' Glitterbug and Passion Pit's Kindred.

To give a lowdown, Magic Man's album is on top of my list out of those three albums. Ever since Paris I got hooked. Their songs give me a carefree rock vibe, it's very refreshing. I can just laze all day listening to their tracks.

Glitterbug is pretty good too. Totally different from Magic Man's and  I won't deny that The Wombats' got their own color. Just the right type of indie I like. Check out Greek Tragedy and This Is Not A Party from the album. With Emoticons, those three are my favorites.

Passion Pit is a tough one to crack. I'm still not sure what sets them apart from the others, there is a subtle difference which I can't seem to identify. They are new to me, in a good way. I think I'll need to keep listening to ride their flow. Some good songs in Kindred: My Brother Taught Me How To Swim, Where The Sky Hangs and the one above. 

I would probably hold on to this playlist a little longer than I usually would. It's good music, and with exams coming my way it's a good thing I chanced upon these pieces of gold.

Till next time, love C.

No comments:

Post a Comment