Saturday 15 November 2014

The Fandom

Just got back from KL. My head still hurts from the flight.

Just saw a thread on a forum about Korean fans and it's quite ridiculous how they stick up to their biases and worship them like god.

They can easily get into a fight when someone "touches their oppa" and roots for them no matter what their do. That is a good thing actually but it's really annoying how you can't even get a conversation going cuz them people be cursing through the whole thread.

It's funny how the fandoms work. When their biases succeed, they say it's because of their talent and hard work, when other groups succeed, they say it's because of their label's power. Isn't it childish? I hope they realise this.

And what I don't get is about how conservative some fans are. I don't see why celebs or idols can't live life like a normal person would. Professionalism is about producing quality material, be it music or in variety shows, and taking care of your image generally and overall. Restriction is a totally different thing.

To be honest, I personally think that these type of fans are the ones who chain the idols, not the label and the nature of the industry. They tend to expect so much from their "oppas/unnis" since society is moving so fast they think that the idols are robots.

On the contrary, there are also quite a bunch of fans that think realistically and think overall about the problem. They don't stick up to their biases right away but think through what's right or wrong. This balances out the fandom and makes the forum less crazy.

For example, there's this commotion about group A vs group B and I saw someone commented and he/she said that he/she was a fan of group A but thinks that group B might win in certain aspects and vice versa. I guess every thread has to have someone like this because that is the exact answer we needed.

And it's so funny how I used to get be so protective of my bias too but now i'm learning to think realistically.. I hope the fans can support someone for the music and the way they carry themselves on shows.

I meant no offence since I know that fans can get so damn crazy at times. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment