Sunday 16 February 2014

Wolves, Boys, & Other Things That Might Kill Me - Kristen Chandler (Book Review)

Wolves, Boys, & Other Things That Might Kill Me - Kristen Chandler


Picked up this book at the school library. Never knew it was there. I guess I was lucky.

At first I thought it was a "Twilight" story, never liked Twilight though. This book wasn't boring. I can't say it's amaaazingg but it was nice and interesting. Worth the read, I promise. 

Story:

It's about a 16 year-old girl named KJ who's living in West End with her dad who is a guide. Her mom died when she was still a child. She meets new kid in town Virgil and they're assigned to work together on a school newspaper article about the wolves of Yellowstone, National Park. As KJ works with Virgil, she also gets to know more about the wolves. Since the whole town are against the wolves, KJ feels the need to protect the wolves as she sees them in a different way. And soon it's gonna be one against the whole town. 

This story is about family, friends, love, nature and guts.

I really don't like the ending because Virgil had to leave. :((


"Maybe the future is like rowing for shore. Your only choice is to try or give up."

"Maybe doing the wrong thing for the right reasons is better that doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. At least it feels that way."

"I'm going to miss you, Wolf Girl."

"They're great killers." "That's because we're killers too."

Nice one Kristen Chandler. Next book, The Fault In Our Stars. (I'm a little too late, I know.) And I missed Looking For Alaska. I saw it in the bookshop and I thought Alaska was Alaska Alaska, you know, and I didn't buy it. Goshhhhhh. 

Books are more precious the clothes, that's why I need to spend my money more on books than clothes. 

Just reorganized my wardrobe. The clothes i'm not gonna wear takes up half of my wardrobe. ikr. Gonna donate them, donate donate donate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment