Wednesday 23 September 2015

Procrastination is poison.

I tell myself I'd get it done, in the next hour. The next hour. Again, the next hour. 
I'm addicted to this fruitless routine,
like an alcoholic,
tomorrow will be a better day.

Except that tomorrow never becomes a better day.
Tomorrow is today, yesterday, the week before, everyday.
Tomorrow is the same,
because I do nothing,
and misunderstands it for something.
Tomorrow I will realize today was nothing.
Tomorrow, I will do something, again.

It takes me nowhere.
It's like a road trip simulation. 

Too little time to use, too much time to lose.
An abundance of things to do,
an abundance of things I forced myself to do,
as an excuse.

I do not want the real thing.
I do empty things coated with a myriad of colors,
because reality is grey.
I know it will hurt me someday,
but still I face the other way.

Procrastination is poison.


No comments:

Post a Comment