Friday 31 July 2015

My Experience With Allergies and IVs

Here's what happened. I was eating two bowls of seaweed and about 2 whole crabs when my eyes started drying up fast. I felt like I was shrinking, deprived of water and my body felt like it was burning up inside. My nose blocked and I still couldn't really breathe through my mouth. 

I thought it was dehydration though, don't know if it makes any sense. Because I was taking really high sodium food, and wasn't really drinking any water. So I kept repeating the process of emptying and refilling my bottle but still to no relief. I tried puking, popping some allergic meds but still nothing.  

At that point I looked like I was dying, lol. My eyes were red and swollen, eye bags were drooping and my face got really really pale. I finally told my mom after several failed attempts to save myself and she drove me to the nearest hospital. 

Next thing I know, I was lying on the hospital bed getting an IV shot. No drip, thank lord. 30 minutes passed and doc sent us home. Apparently I ate too much seafood, and overdose of iodine maybe? (obviously *facepalm*)

Overall? I felt like I got hit by a truck hahaha. It's my first time getting an allergy and an IV shot. 17 years of my life I've had more than my share of seafood and nothing happened to me. Why now whyyyyy? 

I guess it's a good thing though, at least now I know what an allergic reaction feels like (in a good way duh, I'm not a psycho) They said that the IV shot hurts but it was better than I had expected. It felt like a regular injection. 

Definitely worst than food poisoning, which I had for a streak of three years. 

Lesson learnt: Portion control.

And you know what's ironic? I read Daphne Charice's blog post about needles and stuff and who knows 3 hours later I'd end up in the hospital. Darn alignment of the universe, or is this karma? Maybe karma? What did I do though? Too many little sins maybe lol.

Take care. Remember, don't be a greedy arse and gobble up everything hahaha. (note to self) 
Love, xoxo C.

No comments:

Post a Comment