Tuesday 8 March 2016

Believe.

Trust me, I have no options left.


Oh wow, results are out.

Feeling so giddy.

I'm slowly taking it in. 

I never thought I'd get straights.

I prayed, I believed in God.

I believed in the possibility of it.

Though there was always an uncomfortable hint of doubt in my faith,
but I kept believing anyway.

Thanks to God, thanks to caffeine, thanks to all the midnight oil I burned, 
thanks to whoever and whatever gave me the motivation and spirit to fight through that exam.

Gosh, I still remember the headache. 

Headache derived from being sleep deprived. 

I remember my eyes were closing when I was writing my essay.

 It's long over, phew.

Now, I'm stressing, rushing, finding out about all types of scholarships.

About where I can go, what I can do.

A lot of doors are open now.

I'm an indecisive person, and that calls for stress.

But what can I complain.

It's such a privilege, and an honor to be able to have this stress.

I couldn't ask for more.

I really couldn't.

It's the best gift of all.

In the morning my friends were planning to go for breakfast before going to school to take our results,

so I told my dad I'll go myself, with my friends I mean.

Then an hour later he called.

Said my teacher called.

Said I, with my parents, had to be there earlier.

Said I got straights.

I thought he lied, just so that he could take me there.

Then my friend texted me.

Said there's one person who got straights in my class.

Said that was me.

I was over the moon.

But I wasn't quite sure yet.

Never quite sure until I looked at the result slip myself.

I wore shorts.

They told me to go back home and change.

So then grumpy me went home and changed into a pair of jeans.

I went back.

They kept telling me to go to the office, then out, then in, then out again. 

I was frustrated. 

I was like wtf

My friends were all chatting around, discussing about their results.

I couldn't. 

I had to wait for them to call my name, take a photo, and another one.

It was all great, not to be mistaken.

So after all the "commotion", I was released and was free to go home.

But I went out with my friends instead. 

We watched a movie, London Has Fallen.

Hmmm, not bad of a movie but could do better.

Went home and had a great Korean barbeque dinner with my parents. 

When meat's your only option, gladly accept it. 

I guess you can say the party begins when the sun goes down eh.

Not exactly, but I couldn't just throw away another great opportunity and excuse to have some fun right? 

So my voyage continued with my crew and we went for supper and of course some booze.  

With a cocktail called Flaming Lamborghini, and a bottle of Corona, my night was just exactly what I wanted. 

I couldn't ask for more. 

News traveled fast. 

Next day I went to work. 

Coworker was like "Let me take a photo with you."

Ahaha, and a photo we did take later on. 

 I've never been so honoured and stressed, and honoured to have this stress at the same time. 

I'm so grateful. 

Really. 

What's the next step? 

I don't know. 

But I'm sure it's going to be a good one. 

Great, in fact. 

No matter where I go. Here, other states or overseas. 

I promise to enjoy every single bit of the ups and downs and highs and lows I face. 

Well, I'll come out with lots of stories to tell. 

We all do don't we? ;) 

C. 


No comments:

Post a Comment