Monday 9 January 2017

A book, a song, and some strong feelings.

 



I've been reading My Heart and other Black Holes and it's such an addictive read. The way two suicidal teenagers fall in love and save each other sparks something in me, and it makes me want their romance albeit going through all that depression again.

See that's the thing about YA romance novels. They make me jealous, I want that kind of luck too. Although I'm pretty sure in this novel the characters wouldn't think that they're lucky, because going through shit never feels lucky. I guess I think that they're lucky because I'm reading the book and seeing a bigger picture, because it's easy to foresee what will happen next, and also it's easy to predict the end of the story. 


I have a sudden urge to visit the UK after listening to Ed Sheeran's new single Castle on the Hill. I've always been a fan of Ed Sheeran, and I've always been a sucker for lyrics that are honest and real and heartfelt. Also, I've always wanted to visit the British countryside, with green pastures and brick pavements and castles and medieval landscapes. 

And to combine all of these in one song. Nothing could've been better. Have you ever listened to a song and you just want it to end quickly because if you kept listening you feel your heart might explode? Every single time I hit replay, as fast as I wish I had stopped. 

Even though I'm always home, never going anywhere, always here, it makes me want to go home. I'm not quite sure how it makes sense too. It makes me want to grow up all over again, and it makes me cherish those who have helped me grow. It makes me miss my parents even though I see them everyday and it makes me miss the friends I've made and lost, and the memories we shared together. 

I miss watching the sunset over the castle on the hill.

C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment